Monday, March 4, 2013

Class site and online exercise - Week 8 reflection

I am currently constructing a class site for my Writing I, which can found at https://sites.google.com/site/writing1uaj/

Although this is still in heavy construction, this class site is actually an alternative form of its Moodle counterpart (http://elearning.atmajaya.ac.id/course/view.php?id=669), which is also in the process of reconstructing due to the change of curriculum in the department where I am teaching. In this class site, the students will be given a weekly task, in which they have to compose a writing.

Since developing writing skill is pretty much similar to developing swimming ability, in which students need to practice from time to time, through this class site, I hope that the students will be able to compose expository paragraphs as well as essays, and then have their peers comment on the works. This way, students will be able to learn to compose a writing, give comments, negotiate meaning, improve their writing based on the feedback given by their peers, and ultimately develop their writing ability.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobby,

    I totally agree with you that writing skill needs practice. Also, I liked the way you were presenting the vocabulary and expressions. Then gradually you develop the activity by giving students words and expressions to put them in this website Online concordancers and students have to find out how are those words and expression used in context or sentence. In my opinion this is a great idea and I am positive after all that, students will definitely develop their writing abilities.

    Regards,
    Awsan

    ReplyDelete