Friday, March 15, 2013

Recap - Week 10 reflection

It's been a nice experience to join this program. From the first week until the time the course finishes, everything has been an eye-opener for me.

Among those presented during the course, what I found very interesting and useful are:
  • Setting course objective with ABCD procedure: with this, now I know that a course objective needs to have (A)udience, (B)ehavior, (C)ondition, and (D)egree in order to get the students to the right direction.
  • Project-based learning and Learner autonomy: Since one learner is not the same as the other, surely he or she needs to learn at his own pace and style. We, as teachers, need to address this matter and create a plan to guarantee that learners can get maximum learning experience through the lesson we design.
  • Technology to engage students (especially for large classes): There are times when teachers have to stand in front of the class and face a large number of students, wondering: 'how can I make sure that everyone is learning effectively?' Thanks to the course materials and sharing with fellow teachers with their insightful ideas, now I know it is possible to engage a large number of students in class effectively.  
  • Creating online course / site: This is also what I find very useful for me as everything that we do and involve ourselves in the course is a very good example of the implementation of an online course / site. Therefore, I can tell that I learn a lot about this very interesting idea not only from the materials and reading given in week 8, but from the course as a whole!
 Thanks for giving me the chance to participate in this course ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bobby,

    The learning objective was introduced to us in week 2 and it took me a while to link the condition, behavior and degree to the learners. But this is so rewarding! It gets the student to the right direction as you said. It also helps the teachers to be focused more.

    I'm happy to see that you picked up a few out of the whole lot of Web tools and strategies which you thought to be most useful.

    All the best!
    Tahsina

    ReplyDelete